Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July


We have had a long 4th of July celebration. It all started Thursday at playgroup where Jasmine and I learned from Kathleen how to make our matching 4th of July t-shirts. Thank you Kathleen! It was so easy and I will post more about that project soon. I sure love how they turned out!


On Friday we were invited to our bishop's house for his annual fire works show. Root beer floats and sparklers started the night and of course as soon as it was dark enough, an amazing show was put on. I did not get to see the fireworks this year as I thought that they would startle Michael so I asked Jasmine and Jeremy to take pictures for me. They did a wonderful job and judging from the pictures, it was a beautiful show. On Saturday we grilled in the backyard, played games and enjoyed a delicious feast. Sunday was the actual 4th of July. More delicious food was prepared after church and even a scrumptious pumpkin pie was baked by my wonderful honey. I love his pies. Monday we went fishing at a nearby lake and oh, I almost forgot, each night before bedtime the kids enjoyed playing with sparklers outside on the drive way. We had lots of great fun as a family for which I am very grateful.

1 comment:

  1. ce faine sunt pozele!!! Ce fain ca v-ati distrat de 4 julie. Si noi ne-am distrat, dar inca nu am avut timp sa scriu pe blog. :D

    ReplyDelete