Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Camping in Arkansas

For Labor day weekend we decided to go camping in Arkansas. We were there two years ago and we loved canoeing in Beaver Lake. We invited our good friends the Robinson's and Jeremy's brother David plus part of his family to join us. The children were really excited to camp and enjoy the outdoors. Unfortunately for me I lost my voice Friday morning and throughout the whole trip I could barely talk. But that did not stop me from having a great time with my family. The views were amazing and the weather was just perfect during the day. A little cold during the night for my taste.

This amazing picture was taken by Jasmine my beautiful 9 years old daughter
On Saturday morning Jeremy, Jasmine and Andrew went fishing early in the morning while Michael and I slept in.
Later that same day Jeremy, David and the kids went tubing while Lisa( David's wife), Michael and I enjoyed the ride and views from the pontoon. Andrew and Jasmine loved it. They giggled the whole time and asked for more turns in the tube.
On Sunday we went swimming for most of the day and the kids did not want to return to the campsite for dinner. That's how much they loved playing in the water. I think the only thing that convinced them to come was that we had smores afterwards.


It was fun and I know we created some great memories as a family!


4 comments:

  1. i like the third picture, the one with the Beaver Lake. reminds me of home :D
    and the chocolate/marshmallow biscuits look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah! Cat de frumos!!! Ma bucur ca v-ati distrat atat de bine si imi pare rau ca ti-ai pierdut vocea! Sper sa fie mai bine acum!
    Livia, am vrut sa te felicit pentru rabdarea ta cu potty training! Succes cu Michael! As vrea sa am rabdarea ta...Te pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imi place mult palaria ta!!!! Ce fain v-ati distrat, si copii tai sunt asa de dulci!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei Livia, La multi ani cu intarziere!!!! Sper ca totul e bine cu voi! N-ai mai pus nimic nou de ceva timp...
    Te pup!

    ReplyDelete