Monday, December 20, 2010

Grilling and baking


If you are a European and have tried bread in the states for the first time you probably know that it tastes sweet. Also the texture is very fluffy compared to the heavy bread we are used to in Romania. For two weeks I bought different types of bread for my parents to try in search of something similar to what they have at home. Nothing worked so my mom decided to bake her own bread without sugar in it. It turned out better than any bread I had here in the states. Yes, even better than Panera Bread! We all loved it and mom made two fresh loaves almost every day for all of us.



I also had to make my parents cook some mici which is a Romanian sausage that you grill outdoors and eat with fresh bread. Delish! To add to our feast Jeremy grilled ribs and lets say that it was a glorious carnivorous day.
 

6 comments:

  1. that bread makes me want to have some :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ce bunatati. Ce ma bucur ca ai tai sunt aici si va aveti unii pe altii. Craciun fericit si un an nou minunat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. La multi ani!
    Ce bine arata painea si micii!
    Imi dai si mie reteta de paine?Te roggggggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, yum! Nimic nu se compara cu painea romaneasca! Bravo sora Lengyel!
    Si micii...mmm, iti lasa gura apa!
    Va pupam Livia!

    ReplyDelete