Monday, October 10, 2011

Developing talents

I have always known that we are each blessed with talents and abilities.
President Spencer W. Kimball said: “God has endowed us with talents and time, with latent abilities and with opportunities to use and develop them in his service. He therefore expects much of us, his privileged children”
As a mother of three beautiful children I often think of ways to help my little ones find what those talents are and improve them. I know that it is essential that I give them 
opportunities to discover and develop their talents. I also like this scripture: The Apostle Paul said, “Neglect not the gift that is in thee” (1Timothy 4:14).
It may not sound like a lot to some of you but helping my children learn how to sew, cook, paint, clean and keep an orderly home brings joy to our family and I know that my children feel a great 
accomplishment also with every new task they learn and complete.




1 comment: