Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Preschool

Some of my friends who have children close to Andrew's age have decided to start a preschool several months ago,where the moms take turns teaching every week. We all asked our little ones what they would like to learn more about and came up with a great curriculum.

I have already taught twice and I love it. The first lesson was about gardens and my second was about sports. Two subjects that Andrew was very interested in. Dinosaurs, water and colors are the next subjects picked by my little boy and I can't wait to have fun with my preschoolers.

Here is the lesson outline from the sports lesson and some pics with our craft (Bob-- was the name Andrew gave his chia pet) from the garden lesson. He grew beautifully with a little help from Andrew.
 
Sports10/19/10
Livia M
Arrival to 9:30 Welcome and Gather
Sharing time
Coloring sheet – Games / letter G
Book: Little G
9:45 – Story/ Lesson time
All about sports. There are many types of sports that we all enjoy playing and watching. Today we will discus baseball, soccer, football and volleyball. Sports are a great way of exercising and building strong bodies. What are some of your favorite sports?
10:00-Activities
Sports recognition (guessing which ball goes with which sport)
Volleyball with balloons
Sport activity page
10: 20 -Snack
10:30 – Craft
Make your own ball( with play dough recreate the ball from your favorite sport)
10:55 - Singing time
Take me out to the ballgame
Take me out with the crowd
Buy me some Peanuts and Crackerjacks
I don't care if I never get back
Oh it's root, root, root for the home team
If they don't win its a shame
For it's 1, 2, 3 strikes you're out
At the old ball game

 Every child  made one chia pet to take home
Here is Bob ( Andrew's creation)

No comments:

Post a Comment