Thursday, January 20, 2011

Christmas crafts 2010


I love making crafts especially with my children. Several weeks before Christmas I noticed some cute snow globes in a Martha Steward magazine that looked easy enough for us to make as a family. The children were excited to help make them for one of our family home evening activities and then deliver them to friends. They turned out super cute considering we used baby food jars from Michael's past meals, figurines from the dollar store ( 6 for a $1), water, glycerin drops and glitter. Very inexpensive.

We also painted a store bought wood nutcracker. The vibrant colors that the kids used makes it pop on our mantel.
To go with the nutcracker on the mantel I made some Christmas trees out of card board paper and fabric. I have seen them in expensive stores and they always look so good in groups of different sizes or just by themselves. The only problem is they cost more than I would ever pay for things that I can make myself. The one on the mantel is put on top of an old lamp base. It really is just a cardboard cone dressed in fabric. They only cost me $3 total and that was for the fabric, so much better than $80. The rest is just stuff I had already in the house. I think they turned out so whimsical. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. you guys are so crafty! love the nutcracker :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Adina! Cred ca si tu esti:) Sunt sigura ca o sa faci si tu multe creati artistice cu copilasul tau in viitor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Livia, super crafts! I want to do the globes with my little one! Esti foarte talentata si artsy :) Eu am mers cu Blog2Print by BookShare si calitatea este foarte buna. Este al doua oara cand fac asta (am 2009 book si 2010 book) Multumesc pentru complimente (lasate in comments.) We're still working on posture and technique but still for her age she's doing pretty well. Sunt fascinata de Jasmine si succesul ei la sah. Cand a inceput sa joace si unde? Ati invatat-o voi acasa? te pup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Livia, totul arata superb!!! As vrea sa le incerc si eu pentru Craciunul viitor cu copiii mei. Tu esti SUPER talentata!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow those look so cute! how did you come up with that idea? i am definitely making it with ava next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carine, it was in a Martha Steward magazine:)

    ReplyDelete