Thursday, January 27, 2011

Celebrating Christmas 2010

I love and enjoy everything about Christmas. The music, the beautiful Christmas cards received & displayed in our kitchen, the sparkling lights decorating the city, the pretty festivities all around and most of all I love that we celebrate the birth of Christ.
2010 was my first year in the primary presidency. I received the assignment of picking a present for each child in our primary. The gift had to focus of Christ and the budget should stay around $50 for 51 children. After some research I found a beautiful advent calendar that instructed the children and their families to read a scripture about Jesus a day for the 25 days until Christmas. The calendars got laminated and then I included 25 golden stars with each calendar. This way the kids were able to mark the scriptures they read and after they were all done they could take the stickers off and use it again next year. If any of you would like a free copy for your family for the coming Christmas let me know and I can email you one.
On Christmas Eve we read the birth of Christ from the Bible as is a tradition in our house. After which everyone is allowed to open one present. The children were very excited with the presents they received! We closed the night with prayers as always and after the children were asleep Jeremy and I finished getting the last details ready for Santa. Christmas morning was perfect! I think that I am more excited now as an adult than I was as a child. I love seeing my little ones reactions, their happiness on Christmas morning makes the holidays magical. It is better than you can imagine! Jeremy recorded it all while I made sure to take as many pictures as possible with my camera. The presents were beautiful and everyone seemed happy with their new gifts. One family gift stood out as a favorite, the xbox360 Kinect which has been great fun. River rush seems to be the kids favorite game.
Later on Christmas day we had the elders over for dinner. It was a great Christmas! I feel so blessed to have so much and I thank Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ for all the wonderful people he sends in our lives to help and enrich our days.
Obositi dupa o zi plina de cadouri si joaca

3 comments:

  1. Ce pom incredibil. Ma bucur mult ca ati petrecut asa frumos de Craciun si ca ati primit cadouri multe si frumoase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ce frumos!!! Si noua ne-a adus mosul Kinect!:) Ne place la nebunie!!!
    Si ce norocosi sunteti sa puteti invita misionarii la cina! Aici e extrem de rar sa avem ocazia and I miss having them over for dinner...:(

    ReplyDelete